Thursday, March 18, 2010

Honesty-Thankfulness

Somewhere along this new line of blogging, posting and profiles, I said I was going to be honest about life. The good, the bad and the ugly.You see I have been missing for a few weeks, and its been nagging me like crazy, just to leave you hanging. I have not been feeling good at all and kept thinking, just another day, ect. But I am going to make a hugh effort to post, even if it is very brief or just a photograph for you.(On a much more regular basis!) I'm not promising, because thats when I get into trouble, just trying, like crazy. Now I'm not looking for sympathy and I'm not whining. I have so much to be thankful for and am so very blessed, even in the hardest of times.(Which this isn't!) I think we can and should be thankful each and everyday, even for the most ordinary and "everyday" things. Its good for us and its Biblical! It helps us focas on things other than our circumstances or ourselves and puts our hearts into the right place. When we are thankful, we give God the credit and I believe it reminds us of what so many others have to do without. Do you ever think about just having hot running water in your house, or electricty? ...a cozy warm bed, a cup of hot tea, a roaring scent filled fire, a good book, loved ones, of course! ...wonderful friends (quote by Josh)...fresh juicy fruit...sunshine...firefiles (I know they are not out yet, but I'm looking forward to them!)...butterflies, birds, ladybugs, gardens, Spring, Java Chip Frappachino ice cream! (Thats a big one!)...I could go on for days... When I was a teenager, I lived in Honduras for a year and several summers. Believe you me, when you spend any time in a third world country, you are even (and very) thankful for toilets! Because they are not in every store or around every corner! I have been recording things that I am grateful for in my journal for quite some time. But recently, I've added an icon, GTL, with a square around it so I can go back any time and read or be reminded of the things I am thankful for. The GTL, stands for : Greatful Thanks LORD. Because we need to not only be grateful, but be thankful to The Giver of all things! Every perfect gift comes from above...James 1:17   So, what are you thankful for today?
 Be joyful alway; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.  1Thes. 5:16-18

No comments:

Post a Comment