Thursday, December 16, 2010

Day 2

Ok, day 2. I said I'd explain today. Awesome Artist Suzi Blu had a blog post about body image, exercising and it taking 3 weeks to establish a habit. She committed to exercising everyday for 3 weeks and though she didn't present it as a challenge, I took it as one! I've been wanting to get back into the habit of going to the gym and I thought if I know she's going every day, I can do it too. "They", the expects, I guess, say it takes 3 weeks to get into a habit, to make a "rut" in the brain. ( Why is it that it takes about 1 second to get OUT of one.) OK, we were not talking about that. It does seem so easy to START a thing but so hard to complete it. But, I'm committed to this, so committed that I'm actually posting about it. That way I can't go back on my word.(Not that I want to.) You know how it is when you have a walking buddy? I love that, the time goes by so quickly and if you don't really feel like doing it, the other person encourages you. So, I'm pretending that I'm pedaling with Suzi at the gym everyday. Just one day at a time. For 3 weeks. Come along if you'd like, we'll walk together! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment