Saturday, June 25, 2011

Pic of the Day-Altered Engine

Just so you don't think that all I take pictures of is flowers, I thought I'd throw in this altered photo of an old tractor engine. (I upped the color and spiced it up a bit). Who knew old engines could be beautiful? I saw an Artist's work in Asheville once at a gallery and was so impressed and surprised. She had water colored old engines in the most vibrant colors and pigments you've ever seen. They seriously were beautiful and looked like oil or acrylics with their vibrancy. I'll see if I can find her name and add it to the comments. It's good when other people's work causes us to question how we usually look at things and makes us look at the details more closely. Beauty is everywhere, even in an old dirty tractor engine!
A picture a day helps keep the blues away...M. :)

5 comments:

  1. I love it! Makes me think of algae and even algae is beautiful in the right place :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true! And do you know how healthy it is for you? Not kidding, Blue/green Algae. Search it.
    M. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the green added to the rust! But I love your flowers too, so photo anything your little ol heart desires!

    Hugs to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will Mikal, for sure! And there will always be lots of flowers too! Thank you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow. yes. beautiful! old stuff is so great!

    ReplyDelete