Friday, February 5, 2010

French Toast photos and "how tos" :)


Start with your "Farm fresh" eggs, if you have any. I use one egg per serving and use a one to one ratio of milk to eggs. I had a pinch of salt, splash of vanilla, lots of cinnamon, about 2 tsp, and about a 1/4 tsp of nutmeg. Add 1 T. sugar or honey and beat with a fork. dip the bread lightly but throughly. You want it well soaked, but not so much that it falls apart when you pull it out. Melt butter in the pan and brown the bread on one side, it only takes a couple of minutes. Flip and pop into the oven ( I use the 450) for a few minutes and let it puff up. Pull it out and generously butter and cover with syrup. For the photo, I added banana and mini chocolate chips which I usually reserve only for waffles, but it was delicious!


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I will definitely have to try your recipe! French Toast has always been my favorite breakfast :)

    ReplyDelete