Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Waiting Room





Waiting Room...



The waiting room. The hospital, Dr's office, maternity ward, car repair shop, the line at the grocery store, business appointment...Life!
Waiting , waiting , waiting! Don't we all just hate it? Yet, how often it is necessary in this life! I'm waiting right now in a very nice surgical waiting "lobby". My Hubby is having shoulder surgery and it got me thinking about all the times in my life that I've waited in a situation like this. Twenty-three times, I've counted, just off the top of my head. And that's just immediate family members and my Mom. That covers everything from tongue clipping( I know it's gross, two of our kids were tongue tied, and they are making up for it now in their talking!), to broken bones, pins, major knee graft surgery, to heart surgery. This doesn't even count the times we've waited or visited extended family and friends. But I'm getting better at this waiting thing, less anxiety, more patience, more trust. Many years ago my hubby fell and had a very serious head injury. I remember being so very tired and wondering if we would ever be ok again. How do I get through this Lord? I need your strength. And immediately He put this verse in my head... Even youths grow tired and weary and young men stumble and fall, but those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not faint.  Isaiah 40:30-31
 The word "wait" is also translated "hope" in the Greek- To hope in; to hope for, wait for, look for. How appropriate. Waiting and hoping. Hoping and waiting...inevitable in this waiting room of life...


No comments:

Post a Comment