Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Pic of the Day...July 12th...Holland Series photo

Doesn't this look cozy? The shapes and colors of the buildings, the reflection in the river ( oh, you are going to start noticing a pattern with me and reflections ), the balance of the little red boat and the bright green of the trees, the bicycles on the right, and the...Subway shop...What? A Subway shop. I'm cracking up! I just noticed this when I was deciding what to write about this picture. How funny. I'm not surprised though. Just amused. You see, most of my time there was not spent searching for, composing and making sure I got the perfect shot. Most of my shots were 'drive by shootings', or 'walking by really fast' shootings. :) I was constantly lagging behind, quickly grabbing a shot and walking as fast as I could to catch up.
Such is life, isn't it? Doing the best we can, with what we have at the moment, hoping (and praying), for laughter and beauty along the way and that things ( especially the kids ;), will turn out right. I couldn't do it without prayer and hope and faith, or the Lord's help and answers!
Oh! By the way, all my shots of Holland, I think i'll call them 'Dutch Treats' , were taken with a tiny point and shoot camera. Left the big guys at home this time and it was pretty fun to just have a 'regular' tourist camera for once.
Anyway, hope you enjoy!
M. :)

2 comments:

  1. this reminds me of a painting! It's truly lovely!!! The softness is what draws me along with the beautiful colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too Anne. I hope it turns out as well in print... I'll let you know. :)
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete