Saturday, July 30, 2011

Satisfied...Pic of the Day...July 30th...

When I took this picture of my Brother-in-laws empty coffee cup months ago, he looked at me like I was crazy. His look seemed to say: What in the world will she do with a picture like that? She takes pictures of everything! She does. I had no idea what I would do with it at the time, but somehow it intrigued me. We were in the Anna Frank coffee house in Amsterdam. A little lower level ( as in, basically under ground ), coffee shop. It was very warm, unusual there, but very true that day. The line for the Anne Frank museum ( the actual house she and her family hid in during World War 2 ), was hours long, so we did not end up going into it. I have toured it before and would highly recommend it. Anyway, I have obviously messed with this pic to age it, quite a bit, but it is a fun memory and it still intrigues me. It seems to say, I'm satisfied, or satisfaction. I love that a picture can make you remember every detail of certain spots in time. Sometimes they can even help conjure up the taste or smell or the feeling you were having at the moment you took it, or other such tiny details in your memory. And that, of course is why we take them. To remember, to capture an instant in history, to share that moment with others, or to share something beautiful or interesting...
Enjoy!
M. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment