Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Drink...Aug 1st...Pic of the Day...

This is one of my "Oldies but Goodies". It was taken with my first digital camera, an Olympus 8080. I thought it was huge, and actually took quite a few of my favorite pics with it. This particular little beauty ( I've decided that she is a girl ) was captured right after I discovered the Macro mode. Oh my, opened a whole new world for me! I loved it and was hooked. I do have a macro lens now and really enjoy that, but I know I don't take macros like the "big boys" , where you can see such incredible details... But, I enjoy it tremendously anyway! I call this one: Long Tall Drink... I love, well, a lot of things about her! She is just a common little thing, probably more of a moth than a butterfly. But I love how she is looking right at me, like she's not scared, just has to get that drink anyway...I love the position of her antenna... Ok, she is a butterfly, because butterflies antenna are shaped like a club and moths' antenna are feathery...and that proboscis! Ok, her tongue, unbelievable! Yes, I know, I actually THINK about my pictures a lot, analyze even... Came up with a saying today... " My photography is my art, and my art is my photography..." But I do love all kinds of art! I doodled today ( a lot), and wrote yesterday...I will be sharing some of that soon...
Oh, and I must mention this ( although I do keep my children's privacy ). Nineteen years ago today, I had a big, beautiful, baby boy (almost 10 pounds)...who turned into the most beautiful toddler you've ever seen. Really. White blond curls! I actually cried when I had to trim it. " It's like cutting gold!". Ok, I know you all want to argue with me now about your child or grandchild, but just humor me. He was my sixth baby. Yes, I just said sixth. ( and not last! ) He was such a gift, his name actually means-Gift of God...He was born on my Dad's birthday...My wonderful Dad who had been gone for four years already. Isn't that cool? I think it's amazing and I love that! And him, and all my other children who are incredible gifts...ok, had to add that little personal bit...hope you don't mind and hope you ENJOY the pic...
M. :)

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely one of the best gifts we ever got~that gift from God! I had forgot about this gorgeous picture! I love the name of it! So appropriate! Love, Ness

    ReplyDelete